In my article where to sell your first gig on Fiverr, I explained where and how to get to the Buyer Requests page. In this article, I am going to show you how to bid for a job and win it on the Fiverr Buyer Requests. You will finally learn how to respond to buyer’s request on Fiverr. However, before we go on, I would love you to note this:
- The Fiverr Buyer Requests page is not a page where you advertise your gigs as a seller. If you do that, you are wasting your time as no buyer is going to see your adverts. It is only sellers like you who view the Buyer Requests page for the purposes of bidding for the jobs published there.
- You have 10 chances daily to bid for jobs on the Buyer Requests page, please exhaust all the ten chances daily.
- It is not every job that you bid for that you will win. But if you follow some of the ideas that I will share on this article, you can win one out of the ten daily chances you have to bid on the Buyer Requests.
- Before bidding for a job, make sure it is what you can do perfectly. Don’t bid for any job because you are desperate to win a bid.
- If you are a new seller, make your price as moderate as possible especially on requests without budgets. However, if it is a request with a budget, stick to the budget.
- When you finally get the job, please and please, give it a 300% effort, especially if it is your first job.
- Lastly, you should know that when your rating drops to 89% you will not be able to access the Buyer Requests page until it gets back to at least 90% if you a new seller.
Among all the tips listed above, one of the most important ones is no.6. So, let me throw more light on that. Like you already know, your growth on Fiver is strictly dependent on the number of positive reviews that you received from your buyers. Four to Five-star reviews are the ideal ones, so you must do everything possible to get as many four and five star reviews as possible. This includes putting a 300% effort into executing an order when you have one, especially as a new seller.
Apart from the good rating, you can also receive a tip – that is extra money – from a happy buyer. I get lots of that all the time.
Where is the Buyer’s request page?
To locate the buyer’s request page, log into seller’s dashboard, look up on the title bar, you would see the icon written more. Click on it, the pages under it will show and then, select the buyer request.
The second job I did on Fiverr was to write a professional bio. This buyer’s CV was so long and she didn’t actually know the name of what she was looking for. She wanted a bio but on the Buyer Request, she specified that she was looking for a proposal. According to her, she had tried about 5 sellers and I am going to be the 6th seller. She said to me, “I will give up on Fiverr if you fail to deliver as well.” With those words, I took her job as a challenge. I made sure that I understood what she really was looking for.
To cut the story short, I was able to deliver to her what she was looking for and in return, she gave me $30 as a tip for the job I charged her $5. You see, putting in your best will not only make you grow but also help you make more money.
Having all these at the back of your mind, let us now go to practical examples of how to respond to Buyer’s Request on Fiverr. Here are few examples of requests and the bids that won them:
The Buyer’s Request:
Hello- I am looking for a Shopify expert to rewrite my 6 product descriptions and add graphics to the product page. I also need an expert to add parallax effects and enlarge my logo. Looking for a blog post to be written if possible for posting on a website.
The bid that won it
Hi, my name is Nasaon.com; I am a native English speaker, a career lecturer and a Level 2 Seller with experience in content writing. I would love to work for you because I know what you are looking for. If you order this gig, I will leverage my knowledge of the SEO process and rewrite your product description into an engaging and SEO enabled description for you. I will also add graphics to your product page and add a parallax effect to your logo after enlarging it. I will charge $190, deliver within 72 hours, and give you free unlimited revisions. Please feel free to contact me via message for further negotiation. I am waiting. Cheers!
I have a 1600 words document about (corporate wellness programs). It is written in a formal rigid way. I need it to be copyrighted to a more appealing convincing way, in order to use it in a marketing brochure.
The Bid that won it:
Hi, my name is Nasaon.com. I am a native English speaker, a career lecturer, and a level 2 seller with experience in creative writing. I would love to work for you because I know what you are looking for. If you order this gig, I will research more on corporate wellness and carefully rewrite or copyright your 1600 word document in my own words with a 98% plagiarism free guarantee. I will charge $50, deliver within 24 hours of your order, and give you 10 free revisions. Please, feel free to contact me via message. Cheers!
Though these two examples are for gigs under writing and translation category, you can use the same idea to craft a bid under any gig. Just follow these six steps:
- Tell the buyer who you are
- Why do you think the buyer should hire you? For the example above, it is because the seller mentioned that she knows what the buyer wants and that she would love to work for the buyer, “I would love to work for you because I know what you are looking for.”
- Explain how you intend doing the job and how much time it will take
- Specify how many revisions you are willing to give. Indicate if it is free or paid for.
- How much you charge for the service.
- Finally, watch and pray because you might just be getting your order soon.
Note this; while some buyers may reply immediately, I have had others reply even after 48 hours of bidding.
No one gave me all these tips at first yet I became a level 2 seller within 60 days of selling on Fiverr. If you know how to respond to buyer’s request, you have more chances of making more sales on Fiverr than the one who doesn’t. Now that you know you don’t have any excuse.
Thanks for reading.
Please, leave a comment if you like the article and also share it for others to see it.